Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Before the Jamboree

I had really been wanting one of those chainsaws on a pole for the camp; they say be careful for what you wish for you might just get it! A great friend of mine from way back who owns "Southern Exteriors", volunteered to bring his crew up to the camp to help prepare for our big day coming up on September 18th. Today was the day.

It just so happens he has one of those chainsaws on a pole, and he gave me the choice to be the cutter or the one who picked up and hauled the brush to the pile. I jumped at the chance to use the saw. Shannon, the owner, worked with me while the rest of his crew went off to begin trimming around the ponds. We trimmed trees and overhanging limbs from all the roads. The saw was easy enough to work and for the first hour limbs were falling left and right. Every time Shannon would return there would be plenty more to haul away. At the end of the second hour he had just about caught up with me. By the time the third hour came I could barely lift my arm; good thing we were finished! I had a meeting to attend but he and his crew stayed another three hours working on the ponds. They are some of the most hard-working, trustworthy folks I have been around. Oh, and by the way, if you ever need anything done connected with landscaping, don't hesitate to call "Southern Exteriors" at 256-656-5487.

That evening before dark I took a quick walk up to the pond to see what a fine job they had done up there.

No comments: